The Barcelona Princess Hotel is collaborating with the Trinjove Foundation for several social and solidarity actions such as the “Tree of Illusions” campaign for the collection of toys, the selective collection of waste and in different programs which goal is to overcome situations of social exclusion.
As we wanted to know more about the foundation, recently part of the Barcelona Princess and Negresco Princess Hotels team visited the Center Obert Neus Puig, that belongs to the Trinijove Private Foundation. A place in which 40 children from the Tinitat Vella neighborhood and their families, most of them at social risk, receive attention, training and consulting.
The welcome given by all the coordinating team and of course by the children was really great from the beginning and the first greeting received was a “Bonjour” by a charming child.
Marc Fernández, the Centre Obert manager, explained us more things about this Center and its values where social, educational and recreational tasks stand out.
Iñaki Segurado, Vice President of Trinijove, was our great host and he compared the Center with an hotel in the sense that there are many cultures and where one of the Center’s main goal is to become a space for integration and social cohesion in the neighborhood.
After the visit, we said hello to the children who, laughing and having a good atmosphere, enjoyed the fruit and a delicious snack made by our Chef Pedro Montolio.
Surprises did not end here. Afterward Iñaki made us a tour through the Water House of Trinitat Vella neighborhood. A modernist space open to the public and renovated with the help of the foundation in which different activities are carried out as art exhibitions.
If we talk about Easter, it reminds us spring, good weather and of course holidays!!!
This year Easter will be from 25th March to 02nd April. And Barcelona is the best place to enjoy a well-deserved vacation because it offers you many different options.
Barcelona is nature, especially with the arrival of spring and good weather. You will enjoy a green and full of color city in its gardens and parks. Also from the beach and you will even consider taking a bath or at least walking on the sand and sunbathing. If you want mountain Barcelona has two. One in Montjuïc where you will find a castle and the Tibidabo also where you will find the Expiatory Temple of the Sacred Heart and Tibidabo amusement park.
Barcelona is also recognized for its gastronomy. In this sense our chefs Pedro Montonllio and Jon García from the Barcelona Princess and Negresco Princess Hotels are the experts and every week they offer us a weekly menu with seasonal products, km 0 and fair trade in The Corner Bar Restaurant and Negresco Restaurant ,respectively. Negresco offers us a tasting menu from Wednesday to Saturday to spend a gastronomic evening.
Barcelona is wellness and you can find well-being in it. Therefore, Barcelona Princess and Negresco Princess offer you a wellness package to relax yourself and to have energy to continue discovering Barcelona.
Barcelona is Architecture and in it you will find the Modernism route and know the Barcelona of Gaudí, Domènech i Montaner and Puig i Cadafalch, which together with other architects made Barcelona the Modernism world capital.
Barcelona is also Sport, football and is dressed with FC Barcelona colors.
And Barcelona is culture and art … A great variety of cultural activities take place in Barcelona. In this section, the Poblenou Urban District is our reference in Barcelona Princess. # NegrescoEscultura and together with the TR3SC club present us with different proposals, from literary dinners, pairings, to talks about the television series of the moment.
Are you still thinking where to go this Easter?
Come to Barcelona !!
On November 24 was the #PoblenouOpenNight, a day of art and creativity in the neighborhood organized by the Poblenou Urban District Association, of which the Barcelona Princess Hotel is a member.
In addition to the open doors of several places, the offer was extended with the Markespaces Circuit and the Windows Art Circuit (WAC).
It was in the WAC proposal that the Barcelona Princess Hotel participated for the first time in an evening of art, cocktails and tapas.
The #wacpoblenou was a tour of different spaces for the creation of live art in unconventional settings.
In the case of Barcelona Princess, the windows of the hall of this hotel were the canvas where the muralist Héctor Soto, known as Ekosaurio, surprised us with his live creativity.
We take the opportunity to talk to him …
_Hector, where are you from?
I’m from Puerto Rico, I’ve been in Barcelona for a year and a half and I’m delighted to be settled here. Barcelona is a multicultural city full of art and design. I like to travel, I’ve done it for Europe and on a skateboard. I have also been to the Virgin Islands of the Caribbean.
_ Muralist since when?
I am Architect and I started in 2016 in grafity and to paint in large format. Now I am studying morphology of plants because I like to paint them.
_ During the #wacpoblenou we saw the windows of the Hotel decorated with olive trees. Why plants?
Because plants inspire and touch you. They remind me my country that is tropical and full of vegetation. Since I was a child I have had contact with them, I remember them in my childhood with my grandmother.
I work with ornamental plants and for the WAC and the Barcelona Princess Hotel I wanted some kind of relationship with the city. In this case I chose the olives because they are part of Spain and can always be seen in any bar. In addition, they fit in very well with the sustainable philosophy 360 of the Barcelona Princess in green, ecological and proximity products.
__ You mention sustainability, how do you contribute to your day-to-day?
Being aware of the environment.
_ What do you like most about Art?
Freedom. There are no restrictions and it is being made over time.
_ What is your favorite place in the city of Barcelona?
The bunkers of Carmel is the best place in Barcelona to get lost and meditate. You can also enjoy this trip and afterwards admire the views of Barcelona.
_ And in the Princess Hotel in Barcelona?
The 23rd floor where the pool is located and from where you can enjoy the views of the Mediterranean Sea.
_ If you came just to visit the city, what do you think you couldn´t miss, see or do in Barcelona?
Visit the neighborhood of Poblenou and Gràcia. They are beautiful and picturesque neighborhoods of Barcelona. Poblenou, which is very close to the hotel, is a very creative neighborhood of Barcelona that reminds me the one in Williamasburg, a neighborhood in the Brooklyn New York district or the one in Wynwood, a historic neighborhood in the north of downtown Miami.
Thanks to @Ekosaurio for your time and for this talk and for the live demonstration during the Window Art Circuit of Poblenou. See you in the next edition!
A new year is about to begin and the best way to say goodbye to this 2017 is reminding all those actions in which the Hotel Negresco Princess and Barcelona Princess have participated and are related to the city of Barcelona, gastronomy, culture, sports, sustainability and environment .
During the 2017…
– We were in solidarity with our cause in favor of Cottolengo of Alegre´s Father and collaborating with other foundations such as Trinijove, ARED, Barcelona Forum District, Action against Hunger, Rotary Foundation, among others. In addition, Santiago Hernández, Director of the Hotel Barcelona Princess, was awarded for his generosity and proactivity in helping the labor incorporation in the XXII Tourism Night of Catalunya.
– We were sustainable and in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism we accepted the Challenge # Tourism17 and we turned for a responsible tourism. We participated in the “Let ‘s Clean Up Europe” cleaning day in the Collserola Park and the Barcelona Princess Hotel turned off the lights of its impressive skyscraper during the hour of the planet.
–We played 3 sports participating in the Barcelona Triathlon and 7 athletes of the Barcelona Pirncess Hotel formed the team #BarcelonaPrincessTeam to promote a healthy life. The Negresco Hotel, offered free Yoga classes on his terrace to connect body and mind. And both urban hotels in Barcelona, participated in the Inter Hotel Games 2017 and they did it for a good cause.
– Music was present on the terraces of Barcelona during 2017 and was accompanied by sunsets and gastronomy. At the Hotel Barcelona Princess with DJ Vinyl, sessions at 85 meters high at the Terraces week and at the Hotel Negresco Princess with tribute to Prince and George Michael (live music) at the Terraces week and music inspired by the sun and the sea with Mediterranean Soundn by Moët Chandon during the summer. Festivals could not be missed at the Fòrum Parck and in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel, such as the Primavera Soun and the Cruïlla Festival.
– Chefs of Barcelona hotels had an active year. The Restaurant of the Hotel Negresco Princess changed its image to become Negresco Restaurant. Its Chef, Jon García, presented a weekly menu and his “tapa” Dome of lamb, foie and chocolate, was the winning “tapa” in the Tapas of the earth category of the Tapa Tour Hotel. The Barcelona Princess inaugurated the good weather of Barcelona with its traditional Cocktail lunch at The Gym Bar, this year with a proposal of healthy and sustainable lifestyle habits. “Tapa” Plankton Planet made by Joan was the semifinalist of the challenge “Placton Marino del Hotel Tapa Tour”. And David and Pedro did live cooking in a showcooking at the Congress of the product and gastronomy of the Pyrenees and at the Montanejos Cheese Fair.
– We became a reference of culture. With # NegrescoÉsCultura, this hotel in the center of Barcelona, became the new reference space for culture in Barcelona in collaboration with the TR3SC club. In the Fòrum area of Barelona and in the Poblenou district, the Barcelona Princess Hotel was introduced in live art and made part of the Window Art Circuit of the Poblenou Open Nigth
Thanks to all the Princess Hotels & Resorts Hotels workmates in Barcelona for their involvement in the 360 Princess & You Sustainable Project. Thanks to the foundations, institutions and organizations and above all thanks to you for trusting in us.
During 2018 we want to do much more, we hope to count on you and we wish you good luck!