Athlete, creative …. Meet Karlos at #YoSoyBarcelonaPrincess
At the Hotel Barcelona Princess we like to know more about our staff and we want you to know them too, for this reason we usually do interviews to know a little more about them, in this case we speak with Karlos, our dynamic bartender.
1. Where are you from?
I am from Poland, from the city Poznan, a nice interior and big city with a great history.
I also lived in England for 10 years. As a curious fact, the player Robert Levandowski played on the football team of my city.
2. What do you do in the hotel?
I am the food and beverage supervisor of three of the Barcelona Princess Hotel’s restaurants / bars and the events that are organized in their different event rooms.
3. How long have you been here?
I have been living in Barcelona for three years, and I started working at the hotel two and a half years ago.
I chose to come to Barcelona because I think that is a very complete city with beach, mountain, a perfect weather, and open and sociable people. I think it’s a very cosmopolitan city with many festivals
4. What do you like most about your work team?
What I like the most is the good atmosphere among the workers.
5. Do you want to tell any anecdote about your experiences at the Hotel Barcelona Princess?
One time a couple celebrated their anniversary at the hotel and the girl asked me to prepare a special cocktail as a surprise for her boyfriend.
I’ve always had a creative mind, so at the same moment, I had the idea of making a mojito and decorate it with leaves and lemons as a smiling face. The couple loved it and started taking photos. I named it “Happy mojito”.
6. What cocktail do you recommend to those who come to The Gym Bar?
To the girls I recommend the “Close to you”, I created it with my girlfriend on Valentine’s day and is a sweet cocktail with a touch of passion.
To the boys I recommend the “Mango cooler” a refreshing long drink made with mango and vodka, with a delicious fruity flavor.
7. From your day to day, how do you contribute to the hotel’s social and environmental responsibility plan?
In the food and beverage department of the hotel we use seasonal products that come from proximity. Even in our breakfast our customers can identify them with a 360 green logo.
8. Last year you were part of #BarcelonaPrincessTeam and you did the Barcelona Triathlon 2016 for a good cause. Do you repeat this year?
Yes, on the last year a had a great time doing the Barcelona triathlon in team, besides, all the #Barcelonateam, did it to raise funds to fight against rare diseases. This year I repeat in the cycling circuit.
9. Which is your favourite place in the hotel?
The terrace of The Gym Bar, is a fun and dynamic place, every Thursday of the summer there is a DJ so there are people and it generates a very good atmosphere.
10. If you came to visit the city, what could not you miss seeing or doing in Barcelona?
I could not miss the beautiful Sagrada Família and the Tibidabo mountain, which has amazing views of the city.
¡Thanks you for sharing your time with us!