A new year has begun and it is a perfect moment to know what Barcelona offers concerning music, culture, festivals, sports and congresses. There are so many options that we will divide it into two publications.
We show you the best proposals to do in Barcelona so you can put on your agenda the ones you like the most.
Concerts “Joanne Worlt Tour” of the superstar Lady Gaga arrive to Barcelona on 14th and 16th January in Palau Sant Jordi
The Guitar Festival BCN takes place during 6 months (from January to july), in different venues of Barcelona and it includes different musical styles, and as you can guess with its name, it revolves around guitar.
In Parc del Forum and in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel the best independent music festival, Primavera Sound, will take place from 30th May to 03dr June. We are looking forward to know the program of this edition.
The International Advanced Music Festival and the Creativity and Technology Congress, known as Sonar, will take place on 14th, 15th and 16th June. We are waiting for confirmations.
On 13rd and 14th July, also in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel the Cruïlla Festival comes back, but before this, on 09th and 10th February we will be able to enjoy the Cruïlla Carnival in Poble Espanyol.
Barcelona Beach Festival is this year on its tenth year and will take place next 14th July, this year with David Gueta as a new artist for this festival.
Festivals and traditions:
Costumes, live music, shows, dance and color in the Barcelona Carnival from 8th to 14th February, even the main show takes place on friday during this week.
An experience you can not miss is Sant Jordi´s day, very similar to San Valentín´day in the rest of Spain. It´a day full of legends, roses, books and love. It´s a perfect day to spend a romantic night in the Negresco Princess Hotel and to admire books and roses all along Ramblas and Passeig de Gràcia.
23dr June is the magic night in Barcelona. This day, Sant Joan´s day, arrival of summer is celebrated with music, firecrackers, fireworks and bonfires.
The Half Maraton (21 km) is used to be made on 11 st February with a tour that includes the city centre and the seafront of Barcelona.
The Barcelona Zurich Marato will start in 11st March with a route full of attractions as Sagrada Familia.
On 11, 12 an d13th May the Formula I World Championship will take place in Barcelona with the best pilots and teams as Ferrari, Redbull or McLaren.
If you like motorbikes, on 15th, 16th and 17th June you have an appointment with the Grand Prix Monster Energy of Catalunya of Moto GP in the Barcelona circuit.
Later on our favorite sport event will take place in Barcelona: The Triathlon, whose date is already confirmed and will be on 07th October 2018
The Mobile World Congress with the latest innovations, technical developments, and companies as Microsoft, HTC and Samsung will be in Barcelona from 26th February to 01st March in Fira Gran Via Barcelona.
Eyeforpharma, an event for pharmaceuticals will be in the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB), just in from of Barcelona Princess, from 15th to 15th March.
From 16th to 19th April the city hosts Alimentaria in the area of Gran Via Barcelona , a fair to experience with food, beverage and gastronomy.
The # Negrescoescultura and not only because the Hotel is in the center of Barcelona and is an ideal meeting point for lovers of Barcelona’s culture. Also because culture can be breath there…
For example, next 05th February this hotel will have a literary dinner with the writer and philosopher Francesc Torralba. During this evening, gastronomy of Negresco Princess and its chef, Jon García, will marge with literature.
A new year is about to begin and the best way to say goodbye to this 2017 is reminding all those actions in which the Hotel Negresco Princess and Barcelona Princess have participated and are related to the city of Barcelona, gastronomy, culture, sports, sustainability and environment .
During the 2017…
– We were in solidarity with our cause in favor of Cottolengo of Alegre´s Father and collaborating with other foundations such as Trinijove, ARED, Barcelona Forum District, Action against Hunger, Rotary Foundation, among others. In addition, Santiago Hernández, Director of the Hotel Barcelona Princess, was awarded for his generosity and proactivity in helping the labor incorporation in the XXII Tourism Night of Catalunya.
– We were sustainable and in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism we accepted the Challenge # Tourism17 and we turned for a responsible tourism. We participated in the “Let ‘s Clean Up Europe” cleaning day in the Collserola Park and the Barcelona Princess Hotel turned off the lights of its impressive skyscraper during the hour of the planet.
–We played 3 sports participating in the Barcelona Triathlon and 7 athletes of the Barcelona Pirncess Hotel formed the team #BarcelonaPrincessTeam to promote a healthy life. The Negresco Hotel, offered free Yoga classes on his terrace to connect body and mind. And both urban hotels in Barcelona, participated in the Inter Hotel Games 2017 and they did it for a good cause.
– Music was present on the terraces of Barcelona during 2017 and was accompanied by sunsets and gastronomy. At the Hotel Barcelona Princess with DJ Vinyl, sessions at 85 meters high at the Terraces week and at the Hotel Negresco Princess with tribute to Prince and George Michael (live music) at the Terraces week and music inspired by the sun and the sea with Mediterranean Soundn by Moët Chandon during the summer. Festivals could not be missed at the Fòrum Parck and in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel, such as the Primavera Soun and the Cruïlla Festival.
– Chefs of Barcelona hotels had an active year. The Restaurant of the Hotel Negresco Princess changed its image to become Negresco Restaurant. Its Chef, Jon García, presented a weekly menu and his “tapa” Dome of lamb, foie and chocolate, was the winning “tapa” in the Tapas of the earth category of the Tapa Tour Hotel. The Barcelona Princess inaugurated the good weather of Barcelona with its traditional Cocktail lunch at The Gym Bar, this year with a proposal of healthy and sustainable lifestyle habits. “Tapa” Plankton Planet made by Joan was the semifinalist of the challenge “Placton Marino del Hotel Tapa Tour”. And David and Pedro did live cooking in a showcooking at the Congress of the product and gastronomy of the Pyrenees and at the Montanejos Cheese Fair.
– We became a reference of culture. With # NegrescoÉsCultura, this hotel in the center of Barcelona, became the new reference space for culture in Barcelona in collaboration with the TR3SC club. In the Fòrum area of Barelona and in the Poblenou district, the Barcelona Princess Hotel was introduced in live art and made part of the Window Art Circuit of the Poblenou Open Nigth
Thanks to all the Princess Hotels & Resorts Hotels workmates in Barcelona for their involvement in the 360 Princess & You Sustainable Project. Thanks to the foundations, institutions and organizations and above all thanks to you for trusting in us.
During 2018 we want to do much more, we hope to count on you and we wish you good luck!
Throughout this last month of October and the beginning of November, the Inter-Hotel Games 2017 was held, a solidarity Olympiad with a set of sports in which 27 hotels of Barcelona participated.
During this time the companions of both urban hotels in Barcelona of the Princess Hotels & Resorts chain, have participated in several matches of indoor soccer, paddle, tennis, bowling and special gymkhanas.
Now we come to the end of these games and this year, on November 12 the finals of some sports were held, along with a final challenge, a 5-kilometer race in which the speed of the athletes will be shown.
This year, at the Hotel Barcelona Princess and the Hotel Negresco Princess we have joined this event for the first time and five members of our staff will participate in the final race to have fun and if possible achieve some of the first positions.
In addition to the race, other sports were also held, among which the final matches of paddle, indoor football and basketball.
To make a final celebration of the #iHotelGamesBCN, there will be a banquet for all participants and attendees, to put an end to this exciting solidarity challenge between the main hotels in the city of Barcelona.
All funds raised from the beginning to the end of the Inter-Hotel Games 2017 will go to Nutrició sense fronteres foundation, an organization that brings food to the most disadvantaged places. 20,000 euros will be donated to the ONG (NSF) for the project “BCN Comparteix el Menjar” (BCN Share the meal).
We look forward to the next solidarity Olympiad #iHotelGamesBCN.
Through yoga anyone can exercise the body in a healthy way and without the need of excessive exercise.
At Hotel Negresco Princess we want to offer the best service to our clients, for this reason every Tuesday and Friday from 10am to 11am we do free yoga classes on our terrace in Barcelona.
In this way we give an option that allows you to start the day in a different way, outdoors, making a connection your body and your mind.
Some of the main benefits that can be obtained with yoga are an improvement of the elasticity of the body, something that can prevent possible injuries, or the toning of the muscles, to strengthen them and increase their elasticity and resistance.
These are just some of the many benefits of yoga practice, so do not think twice, give your body a privilege with yoga classes in Barcelona from La Terrazza where you can improve your fitness in a healthy way.
After one of the yoga sessions, a breakfast is the perfect complement to start the day full of energy . In the breakfast buffet of this Hotel in Barcelona you will find a wide variety of foods such as fruits, juices and cereals, among others, to charge you with energy and start the day positively.
Do not miss the privilege of doing yoga in our Hotel terrace in the center of Barcelona, we are waiting for you!