A new year is about to begin and the best way to say goodbye to this 2017 is reminding all those actions in which the Hotel Negresco Princess and Barcelona Princess have participated and are related to the city of Barcelona, gastronomy, culture, sports, sustainability and environment .
During the 2017…
– We were in solidarity with our cause in favor of Cottolengo of Alegre´s Father and collaborating with other foundations such as Trinijove, ARED, Barcelona Forum District, Action against Hunger, Rotary Foundation, among others. In addition, Santiago Hernández, Director of the Hotel Barcelona Princess, was awarded for his generosity and proactivity in helping the labor incorporation in the XXII Tourism Night of Catalunya.
– We were sustainable and in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism we accepted the Challenge # Tourism17 and we turned for a responsible tourism. We participated in the “Let ‘s Clean Up Europe” cleaning day in the Collserola Park and the Barcelona Princess Hotel turned off the lights of its impressive skyscraper during the hour of the planet.
–We played 3 sports participating in the Barcelona Triathlon and 7 athletes of the Barcelona Pirncess Hotel formed the team #BarcelonaPrincessTeam to promote a healthy life. The Negresco Hotel, offered free Yoga classes on his terrace to connect body and mind. And both urban hotels in Barcelona, participated in the Inter Hotel Games 2017 and they did it for a good cause.
– Music was present on the terraces of Barcelona during 2017 and was accompanied by sunsets and gastronomy. At the Hotel Barcelona Princess with DJ Vinyl, sessions at 85 meters high at the Terraces week and at the Hotel Negresco Princess with tribute to Prince and George Michael (live music) at the Terraces week and music inspired by the sun and the sea with Mediterranean Soundn by Moët Chandon during the summer. Festivals could not be missed at the Fòrum Parck and in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel, such as the Primavera Soun and the Cruïlla Festival.
– Chefs of Barcelona hotels had an active year. The Restaurant of the Hotel Negresco Princess changed its image to become Negresco Restaurant. Its Chef, Jon García, presented a weekly menu and his “tapa” Dome of lamb, foie and chocolate, was the winning “tapa” in the Tapas of the earth category of the Tapa Tour Hotel. The Barcelona Princess inaugurated the good weather of Barcelona with its traditional Cocktail lunch at The Gym Bar, this year with a proposal of healthy and sustainable lifestyle habits. “Tapa” Plankton Planet made by Joan was the semifinalist of the challenge “Placton Marino del Hotel Tapa Tour”. And David and Pedro did live cooking in a showcooking at the Congress of the product and gastronomy of the Pyrenees and at the Montanejos Cheese Fair.
– We became a reference of culture. With # NegrescoÉsCultura, this hotel in the center of Barcelona, became the new reference space for culture in Barcelona in collaboration with the TR3SC club. In the Fòrum area of Barelona and in the Poblenou district, the Barcelona Princess Hotel was introduced in live art and made part of the Window Art Circuit of the Poblenou Open Nigth
Thanks to all the Princess Hotels & Resorts Hotels workmates in Barcelona for their involvement in the 360 Princess & You Sustainable Project. Thanks to the foundations, institutions and organizations and above all thanks to you for trusting in us.
During 2018 we want to do much more, we hope to count on you and we wish you good luck!
In the Hotel Negresco Princess we have made a collaboration with the most important culture club of Catalonia, the TR3SC, through this union we will make different cultural events in the restaurant and on the terrace of this hotel in Barcelona.
As the director of the Hotel Negresco Princess Jairo Mayolas tells us, the hotel has always felt united to the culture of the city, “the culture is part of our DNA, we have always promoted and rewarded it.”
The Negresco restaurant has just been renovated with a new image and a new menu. Being located in the center of the city, it can be a meeting point for the culture lovers.
The summer is getting over but at the Hotel Negresco Princess we continue to offer fun on our terraces thanks to our collaboration with Mediterranean Sounds. You can come to La Terrazza in the top flower of our hotel and enjoy the performances of 7 renowned DJ’s that offer original and Mediterranean sounds.
Here is a presentation of these aces of the music and the dates of their performances at #LaTerrazza of the #NegrescoBarcelona: Read more →
The Hotel Negresco Barcelona is located in the center of Barcelona, this privileged location allows you to be close to great cultural sights of Barcelona, and both its restaurant on the street and its roof terrace, are a meeting point for before and after the shows and theatre plays.
Some of the main cultural attractions that you can find near the hotel are: Read more →