As every year, all the people who are part of the Negresco Princess Hotel in Barcelona, choose a solidary cause that will be our active and voluntary contribution to the social, economic and environmental improvement of our society.
For the whole team, choosing which will be this annual social action represents an important decision and a commitment. This year, after studding several proposals, our winning cause was the Abracadabra Foundation. A solidarity project that gives magic and smiles to children staying in hospitals to make them have a more pleasant stay. As they say: “Thanks to the solidarity magic we managed to provide an extra dose of illusion very necessary to overcome the difficult moments.”
Last Sunday we were lucky to have a very special magician at the Negresco Princess hotel in Barcelona. Carles Mag, a solidary magician of the Abracadabra Foundation who came to bring us plenty of illusion to adults and children with their visual and participative games. Incredible effects, cards, impossible knots, sponges, coins and many other things that impressed all of us.
An event for all customers and friends who wanted to share with us the illusion of solidarity magic, both in La Terrazza Negresco and in the Negresco Restaurant.
In addition, coinciding with the # SetmanaTerrasses18 that takes place in Barcelona from June 1st to 10th and that organizes the Gremi d’Hotels de Barcelona , on the 3rd we will also have Carles Mag who will once again bring the illusion to all of us, and on Sunday 10th June will be the magician David el Mag who will surprise us with live and impressive magic at the Hotel Barcelona Princess.
But magic does not end, if you want more, here is the schedule of performances:
Hotel Negresco Princess #LaTerrazzaNegresco (Free admission):
- Sunday, June 3 from 12h. to 14h.
- Sunday July 8 from 12h. to 14 h.
- Sunday, August 5 from 12h to 14h.
- Sunday September 9 from 12h. to 14h..
Hotel Barcelona Princess (Free admission):
- Sunday June 10 from 12h. to 14h..
So don´t think more and come with the whole family to enjoy the sun, the views and the illusion of our favorite magician. We are waiting for you!
A new year is about to begin and the best way to say goodbye to this 2017 is reminding all those actions in which the Hotel Negresco Princess and Barcelona Princess have participated and are related to the city of Barcelona, gastronomy, culture, sports, sustainability and environment .
During the 2017…
– We were in solidarity with our cause in favor of Cottolengo of Alegre´s Father and collaborating with other foundations such as Trinijove, ARED, Barcelona Forum District, Action against Hunger, Rotary Foundation, among others. In addition, Santiago Hernández, Director of the Hotel Barcelona Princess, was awarded for his generosity and proactivity in helping the labor incorporation in the XXII Tourism Night of Catalunya.
– We were sustainable and in the International Year of Sustainable Tourism we accepted the Challenge # Tourism17 and we turned for a responsible tourism. We participated in the “Let ‘s Clean Up Europe” cleaning day in the Collserola Park and the Barcelona Princess Hotel turned off the lights of its impressive skyscraper during the hour of the planet.
–We played 3 sports participating in the Barcelona Triathlon and 7 athletes of the Barcelona Pirncess Hotel formed the team #BarcelonaPrincessTeam to promote a healthy life. The Negresco Hotel, offered free Yoga classes on his terrace to connect body and mind. And both urban hotels in Barcelona, participated in the Inter Hotel Games 2017 and they did it for a good cause.
– Music was present on the terraces of Barcelona during 2017 and was accompanied by sunsets and gastronomy. At the Hotel Barcelona Princess with DJ Vinyl, sessions at 85 meters high at the Terraces week and at the Hotel Negresco Princess with tribute to Prince and George Michael (live music) at the Terraces week and music inspired by the sun and the sea with Mediterranean Soundn by Moët Chandon during the summer. Festivals could not be missed at the Fòrum Parck and in front of the Barcelona Princess Hotel, such as the Primavera Soun and the Cruïlla Festival.
– Chefs of Barcelona hotels had an active year. The Restaurant of the Hotel Negresco Princess changed its image to become Negresco Restaurant. Its Chef, Jon García, presented a weekly menu and his “tapa” Dome of lamb, foie and chocolate, was the winning “tapa” in the Tapas of the earth category of the Tapa Tour Hotel. The Barcelona Princess inaugurated the good weather of Barcelona with its traditional Cocktail lunch at The Gym Bar, this year with a proposal of healthy and sustainable lifestyle habits. “Tapa” Plankton Planet made by Joan was the semifinalist of the challenge “Placton Marino del Hotel Tapa Tour”. And David and Pedro did live cooking in a showcooking at the Congress of the product and gastronomy of the Pyrenees and at the Montanejos Cheese Fair.
– We became a reference of culture. With # NegrescoÉsCultura, this hotel in the center of Barcelona, became the new reference space for culture in Barcelona in collaboration with the TR3SC club. In the Fòrum area of Barelona and in the Poblenou district, the Barcelona Princess Hotel was introduced in live art and made part of the Window Art Circuit of the Poblenou Open Nigth
Thanks to all the Princess Hotels & Resorts Hotels workmates in Barcelona for their involvement in the 360 Princess & You Sustainable Project. Thanks to the foundations, institutions and organizations and above all thanks to you for trusting in us.
During 2018 we want to do much more, we hope to count on you and we wish you good luck!
This 2017 was the International Year of Sustainable Tourism and in the Princess Hotels & Resorts we join the challenge # Tourism17, making actions that allow a sustainable tourism and responsibility to improve the environment.
Both the Hotel Barcelona Princess and in the Hotel Negresco Princesss are hotels committed (#Hotelscompromesos) with their environment and give great importance to sustainability in their different areas, that is why throughout the year we carry out several Corporate Social Responsibility actions (CSR ) to promote actions that help to improve the environment.
The Hotel Barcelona Princess was the first to accept the challenge # Tourism17. Santiago, Director of this hotel in Barcelona (See video), Marina, working in booking department (See video) and Joao, one of our regular guests (See video), turned to promote green tourism and challenged the Hotel Negresco Princess.
For this reason, Jairo Mayolas, the Director of Negresco Princess also turned 17 times and now it is the turn of the Negresco front desk manager, Miriam, who accepts the challenge #Tourism17 and turns on its own axis to be aware of the sustainable and ecological tourism.
We can all be awareness and we encourage you to collaborate in sustainability to improve our environment every time you travel, as a small effort form all of us means a great and positive difference in the environment.
At the Hotel Barcelona Princess we want all families to have a special Christmas and that children enjoy the magic and the illusion of these holidays.
For this reason, together with the Hotel Negresco Princess we collaborate one more year with the Barcelona Forum District in the Tree of Illusions campaign to bring gifts to children around us, through a toy collection in which our team and all our guests can participate to contribute to this solidarity cause.
From December until January 2 we will have a large Christmas tree at the reception of both #hotelscompromesos in Barcelona where you can deliver toys that we will send to children from disadvantaged families next 06th January.
The Trinijove Foundation also participates in this cause to bring the toys to all these families with children between 5 and 12 years.
In the hotel chain Princess Hotels & Resorts, we take into account the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and following our 360º sustainable project, we like to participate in this type of actions, we want to contribute in order that all children can have a Christmas full of surprises and joy, so we encourage you to help us.